28/ ENE/ 2021
Jicama, also known as Mexican turnip, contains many benefits for the health of our body and is low in calories, making it ideal to include in our diet either as a snack or in our main dishes.
The wonderful thing about jicama is that it is a food that adapts to many preparations, and in this article we share a very original and light recipe.
Jicama tostada with shrimp recipe.
This dish is one of the innovative recipes that characterize our love of cooking. It is easy to prepare, refreshing for the hot seasons and the mixture of the flavors of its ingredients will result in an exquisite delicacy for you to show off with your family and friends.
- 1 jicama
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/4 of red onion
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 kg. shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of ground bread
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of coriander
- Chilli powder
- Remove the skin from the jicama and cut it into thin slices, but they are strong enough so that they do not break.
- Now wash the shrimp and make a cut on the back of them to remove the digestive tract, so that later you can rinse them again.
- Pass the shrimp in flour, then in egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Fry the shrimp until they are well cooked in a saucepan, make sure they have enough oil.
- Place on a plate with disposable paper to remove excess fat that the shrimp may have.
- In a slice of jicama, place a little carrot, pineapple, red onion and of course the shrimp.
- Give it your touch and sprinkle with a lemon, sprinkle with cilantro and season with salt and chili to taste.
- And ready! To enjoy these delicacies of the sea.
Remember that at El Oasis Mariscos we always seek to serve you dishes of the highest quality, and our jicama tostada with shrimp is no exception. Visit us and get to know our extensive gastronomic menu:
Book today at the Cancun branch:
You can also find us in Playa del Carmen: